Rainbow Ski Area is high in the north of this great mountain chain within the world famous Nelson/Marlborough lifestyle region. Opens each year towards the end of June.
Reaching a height of over 1760 metres, Rainbow captures regular winter snow, complemented by extensive snow making, all superbly groomed to create a stunning winter playground.
Operating Hours: 9:00am to 4:00pm
Operating Season: End of June until the end of September
Access Road: 17km from State Highway 63 turnoff. Chains must be fitted or carried by all vehicles at all times from base car park. Shuttle service runs multiple trips daily from base car park.
Mountain Car-park Elevation: 1540m (5,052 feet)
Lift Accessed Vertical: 218m (715 feet)
Lifts: 1 Main T-Bar, 1 Intermediate Platter , 1 Learners tow, 1 Terrain Park tow, 1 West Bowl access tow.
Terrain: Beginners 25%, Intermediate 55%, Advanced 20%
- The Rainbow Cafe – serving food, cold and hot drinks, espresso coffee.
- The Lone Star Rib Shack
- Rental – Full Ski & Snowboarding equipment and clothing.
- Ski repair and maintenance service.
- Retail Shop for accessories, clothing and rainbow branded souvenirs.
- First aid and emergency services.
- International Snowsports department for Ski & Snowboard lessons
- Snow-making facilities (4 TechnoAlpin & 1 Demaclenko Evo 3.0 Snow fan guns and several SMI fan guns too .
- Two Kassbohrer Pisten Bully snow groomers.
Go to our website for more info